If you want to become healthy and live a long life then keto diet meals are perfect for you. Keto diet is a very fantastic diet which not only helps you in losing weight but is beneficial in many other ways.
If you want to know more about the keto diet meals and how it is good for you, then you have landed on the right page. This article offers you a complete guide on the keto diet meals.
- What are keto diet meals?
- Why keto diet meals are important.
- What are the 15 best keto diet meals?
- What foods to avoid in keto diet meals.
- What is keto flu?
So let’s dive in.
What are keto diet meals?
Let’s start with the fundamental thing that is keto diet or what is the keto diet meals. So, basically, the keto diet or ketogenic diet is a diet in which the emphasis is laid on the high – fat, and the carbohydrate food is eliminated. Means under a keto diet, you would consume more food items rich in fats than consuming the food items that are rich in carbohydrates.
The diet plays a vital role in changing the metabolic state or system. Generally, a regular metabolic system acquires its energy from carbohydrates. In simple terms, the carbohydrates that we take would break down in sugar and then in glucose molecules, which are the fuel for the cells. From glucose, our metabolic system receives energy and performs the other function of the body.
But in the keto diet, the metabolic system of the body gets changed and starts acquiring energy from the fats molecules as carbohydrates molecules are available in sufficient amounts, and hence as an alternative, it has to use the fats molecules which are available in a hell good amount.
So our metabolism changes and starts receiving energy from the fats molecules which are synthesized in the liver and produced ketones there is a process called ketosis, which becomes the new center for the production of energy.
And that is why the name of these ketones, which are produced in the process because of this diet is called the keto diet, and the meals are called keto diet meals.
Why keto diet meals are important.
Before jumping to the keto diet meals, it is important to look at the reasons for which you should choose this diet. In this section, we would see whether this diet is really worthy of trying it and what are the benefits that we get from this diet.
So let’s see the advantages of the keto diet meals,
- The primary benefit that this diet offers you is that it helps in losing weight. However, you might think that a diet rich in fat can help you in losing fat. But that is wrong.
According to studies, the people who follow the keto diet lost 2.2 times more weight than the people who are consuming low-fat food to weight loss and with triple the speed compared to any other diet. Also, it limits the amount of calorie intake and helps you in losing weight.
The reason for this could be that.
- When you start a keto diet, then for obtaining energy, it burns more fats molecules as the body doesn’t have many carbohydrates to produce energy. So the fats that you have consumed and also that is stored in the body gets burned by the body.
- Another reason could be that you automatically start taking more protein meals when you eliminate carbohydrates from your diet. In the keto diet meals, you take food rich in fats, having a moderate protein amount and significantly fewer carbohydrates, which would result in further weight loss.
- It prevents diabetes. The one main reason for type 2 diabetes is the consumption of carbohydrates. As we have discussed above, carbohydrates in the body break down in the form of sugar, which turns in the glucose and provides us energy. This sugar was synthesized by insulin that is produced by the pancreas.
But when the insulin was not secreted in the proper amount, then the sugar didn’t synthesize properly and became the main reason for type 2 diabetes, which in turn causes many diseases.
- So when you eliminate carbohydrates from your diet, then automatically, the amount of sugar in your body gets limited and prevents you from diabetes.
- Not only it prevents diabetes, but if you have diabetes, then also it helps in the control of diabetes and reduces the sugar level in the blood.
- According to the studies, after starting the keto diet meals, 75% of people have a better blood sugar level, and almost 95% of the people stop using diabetic medicines.
- It prevents you from heart diseases. Obesity and or extra weight and extra calorie that is stored in your body is the main reason for heart diseases. And when you cut carbohydrates from your diet, then the stored extra and calories would burn up very fast, and also, there is no deposit of excess fats in the body.
- By taking the keto diet meals, the level of Triglyceride and HDL cholesterol in the body improves, which in turn results in the low chances of heart disease.
- It prevents cancer. Keto diet meals also help in lowering the chance of cancers. The food items that you take under this diet are beneficial in controlling cancer-causing factors.
- Not only does it prevent cancer but also, while suffering from cancer, it helps you to fight from that.
- It is helpful in Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s is a disease in which the person loses the capability to remember things. This disease is more commonly seen in the senior peoples, and in the starting, they forget very little things and soon start forgetting main information like their name, relations, and many more things.
- It is seen that the persons who are following the keto diet meals have a low chance of having Alzheimer’s disease, and if someone suffers from this disease, then this diet also helps in lowering the symptoms of the disease.
- Helps in Parkinson’s disease. The disease is again a disorder that is seen in the old age peoples. In Parkinson’s, the person loses the ability to balance or coordinate properly, or he starts facing shaking, stiffness, and difficulty in body actions.
- It is observed that the keto diet meals help in the prevention of these diseases, and while suffering from the disease would decrease the symptoms.
- It is helpful in Epilepsy. Epilepsy is a neurological disorder in which the patients behave abnormally and start having fits. It can cause a sudden cease of the body and sometimes a complete loss of awareness of the actions that a person is doing.
- As the researchers say that the food items that are consumed in the keto diet meals have such sort of minerals and antioxidants, which prevents all these neurological disorders and diseases.
- Prevents the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a disease in which females face irregularities in the menstrual cycle. It sometimes leads to mood swings and many other diseases.
- The main reason for this disease is the increase in the blood sugar level.
- And when you restrict carbohydrates rich food from your diet, then it would result in an automatically low level of sugar in the blood, which prevents you from this syndrome.
- Quick recovery from brain injuries. In the ketogenic diet, the energy starts producing from the liver in the form of ketones, which is directly sent to the brain, and it gets more energy than any other diet.
- When you suffer from any brain injury, then following keto diet meals would help in the fast recovery from the injury.
These are some of the major benefits that you get from this diet. So consuming keto diet meals is the all in one solution for all your diseases and problems. It not only prevents you from many deadly and harmful diseases but also helps in lowering the effects of the symptoms of some diseases.
What are the best 15 keto diet meals?
After reading the benefits of the keto diet meals, you would definitely want to know how you can assimilate this diet into your lifestyle and what are the perfect keto diet meals that you can opt for.
Best 15 keto diet meals,
- Keto beef and cabbage. Beef and cabbage both are the ideal foods in the keto diet that you can consume in your meals. Both are high in fats and low in carbohydrates and will give you very much energy.
- Together they would give you an excellent experience. You can prepare this meal as you want and consume it anytime, whether at lunch or at dinner.
- Keto stuffed cabbage. If you are a vegetarian and desire to follow a keto diet, then this dish is perfect for you. For vegetarians, it becomes very difficult to follow keto diet meals, which generally includes non – vegetarian food items like chicken, mutton, and seafood.
- But there are many vegetables that you can consume in the keto diet meals that give you equal or more or less amount of fats as the non – vegetarian food items.
- To prepare keto stuffed cabbage, your main ingredient is cabbage, which you can prepare very easily and quickly and can take as a breakfast keto diet meal that gives you energy for the whole day.
- Keto cheese, and Mac. One more vegetarian dish on the plate is keto cheese and Mac, which is a good source of healthy fats and gives you many more nutrients and energy for the entire day.
- Keto fried chicken. As chicken is a good source of fats, it is the best food item that you can take in the keto diet meals. Chicken is not only a source of fats but also rich in proteins; that is why an essential part of the diet of bodybuilders and athletes.
- When fried and served with any dip or cream according to your taste, keto fried chicken is hard to resist and gives you a lot of energy and nutrients.
- Keto broccoli salad. If you think that keto diet meals only have the non – vegetarian food items or the high fats vegetarian food items, then you are wrong. This diet has a lot to offer you.
- One such option is this salad, which is completely keto-friendly and gives you the feeling of fullness with many nutrients like minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- With the main ingredient of the salad, which is broccoli, you can use as many vegetables you like in the salad with some added spices, salt, and lemon juice, which make it a more delicious and tempting breakfast or a dinner.
- Keto meatballs. If you want a perfect weekend night with some good food while remaining within the boundary of the keto diet meals, then you can choose this dish, which is packed with meat, spices and can make your weekend the best.
- Keto meatballs are very easy to prepare, offer you many nutrients like fats, proteins, minerals, iron, etc. and is a perfect dinner idea.
- Keto Sushi. Suppose you are a sushi lover but now following a keto diet. Then there is good news for you all. You can make sushi in your keto diet meals and even as a snack.
- The main pain of every keto diet follower is that they left with the very option of snacks in their diet.
- But this dish cures that pain also. The keto sushi is packed with cucumbers, carrots as filling and is very creamy and crunchy, which is enough to satisfy your cravings for sushi.
- You can use many more vegetables as the fillings like avocado, reddish, or any other vegetable that you like and can make it more salty, creamy, and spicy.
- Keto taco. Taco is the food originated from the Mexican land and is now famous worldwide for the flavors and spices that are used in it.
- Similarly, in the keto tacos, you can prepare this dish very quickly. You can make the chips from any cereal that you want and then fill it with fillings as per your mood, taste, and preferences.
- You can take it as breakfast, lunch, or dinner, anytime and anywhere, which gives a delicious taste with a lot of energy and nutrients.
- Keto meatloaf. If you are a meat lover, then the keto diet is perfect for you and gives hell good options in the non – vegetarian food items. One such option is a meatloaf that is a perfect keto diet meal that you can take in breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- The preparation of this dish is effortless, and you can use any flour to bind, while almond flour is the best binding option.
- You can add some bacon and soy sauce that would add a tangy and spicy taste to your meatloaf.
- This dish would help in obtaining healthy fats, proteins, minerals, and iron.
- Garlic and lemon-flavored Mahi – Mahi. Mahi – Mahi is a famous seafood that deserves your attention. Seafood is a good source of fats and proteins and is packed with many other nutrients and strengthens your body, brain, and liver mainly.
- This dish can be prepared in almost half an hour as a lunch or dinner. To prepare this dish, the main ingredient is the Mahi – Mahi fish complementary with the garlic and lemon.
- You can make it by grilling, searing, or baking as you like. For preparing this dish, you have to sear the fish from both sides with the sauce of garlic and lemon that gives this dish a strong tangy and spicy taste.
- You can serve this dish with some lemon wedges, or roasted green and creamy mashed potatoes, and with any other dip that you like.
- Boiled salmon. Salmons is the best type of seafood that is packed with healthy fats and proteins. With these two macronutrients, it also offers you many other micronutrients like vitamins like vitamin B12, minerals including potassium, selenium, antioxidant astaxanthin, but the fatty acids and the omega – 3 are the main nutrients for which this fish is famous.
- To make this dish, you only have to boil the salmon fish and then have to sauce it as you want, like with the tomatoes and lemons, which makes it more juicy and tangy.
- Keto chili. If you like spicy food, then this dish is only for you. Keto chili is the best dish that would excite your taste buds and is sufficient to make you warm or hot because of the spicy flavor that it offers you.
- Keto chicken soup. Yes, soup. However, most of us think that soup is for patients only. But here you are all wrong, with its features it is not only idealistic dinner for the patients but also for the men and women of every age.
- To prepare this soup, you only need chicken as the main ingredient, and the rest depends upon you, you can choose as many ingredients you want to add taste into your meal.
- This soup is the best dinner that you can choose under keto diet meals, which is very easy to cook and digest and offers you a variety of nutrients and benefits.
- Keto burger. Yes, you read it right, a burger. This is a myth that we can’t take any fast food while following a specific diet or to lose weight, but there are so many fast foods that we can recreate according to our diet that we are following.
- For making the keto diet burger, you need some keto-friendly food items which you can use as the filling or a can make a bun from them, and hurray your keto burger is ready, which is equally tasty and under the keto diet meals.
- Keto avocado pops. Last but not least, the dish that has occupied an important place on the list is a dessert. Whatever we are following, desserts are a must in that, or who can resist the cravings for a sweet dish.
- Even in keto diet meals, you have plenty of sweet dishes that you prepare. Among which one is keto avocado pops, which are very easy to prepare and as well as healthy as they use avocado as the main ingredient, which is a house for most of the nutrients like proteins, vitamins, minerals, iron, antioxidants.
What foods to avoid in keto diet meals.
In the guide of keto diet meals, it is equally important to discuss the food items that you have to avoid while following this diet. The keto diet is not only about adopting some new foods in the meals but also giving up some foods that are not useful for the diet. In the keto diet meals, you should avoid the following foods,
- Baked food items or bread. Food items like white bread, cookies, rolls, etc. are some of the foods that are rich in carbohydrates, so you have to cut them from your diet.
- Desserts or sweets. One another main source of carbohydrates is sugar and sugary foods, which include ice cream, candy, maple syrup, coconut sugar, etc. that increase the sugar level in the blood and hence to be avoided.
- Sweetened beverages. Beverages like soda, juice, etc. are aerated drinks that are a source of added sugar and increase the blood sugar level-so you have to avoid this also.
- Whole grains. Cereals like wheat, rice, oats, tortillas are packed with carbohydrates and thus have to be eliminated from the keto diet plans.
- Starchy vegetables. There are some vegetables that contain a lot of carbohydrates in the form of starch like potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, peas, etc. that have to be restricted in the keto diet meals.
- Alcohol. Alcoholic drinks are packed with carbohydrates and thus a great source of high blood sugar levels and cause obesity also. So you have to avoid all types of alcoholic drinks also.
- There are many other foods like legumes, beans, sauces high in carbohydrates, etc. are some foods that have to be avoided in the keto diet meals.
What is keto flu?
When you start keto diet meals, then what you are doing is changing the metabolic state of the body. And changing the metabolic state of the body would definitely cause some side effects that you would face. The major side effect that you would face in the starting is the keto flu. The symptoms of this side effect include headache, weakness, irritation, constipation, nausea, and vomiting.
With keto flu, you may face some more side effects like dehydration, sleeping problems, your bone density may reduce, irregularity in the menstrual cycle. Although these side effects are normal and disappear after some time.
But if they remain persistent and cause you many severe problems, then you have to contact the doctor immediately.
So keto diet meals can be very useful in losing weight and gaining many health benefits. All you have to do is to follow the keto diet plans in which the emphasis is laid on the fat-rich food and avoiding the carbohydrate-rich food.
Although in the beginning you may face some problems, if you remain firm on yourself, then you would surely win the race and become what you want.
‘You are never a loser until you quit trying,’ so keep trying and don’t become a loser.